The Corporate Advisory Services team was established to provide a range of services ancillary to the standard tax and accountings services.
Some of these services include:
- Due Diligence on new acquisitions
- Analysis and establishment of internal systems and procedures
- Business Valuations for a variety of purposes including partnership splits, family law matters and sale of business
- Business Analysis and reconstruction
- Strategic planning
- Management Reporting
- Business Systems review, development and implementation
- Divestment, Mergers and acquisitions of businesses
- Forensic Accounting Services
Over the years we are proud to have achieved a number of significant results for various clients. These have included:
- We have been the key advisers on a number of due diligences for clients over the years ranging from small local businesses up to businesses with a value of $30-40m. Whilst some have proceeded on our advice there are others we have recommended against proceeding. In one case we identified a number of key operational risks in a potential $12m purchase. The clients took our advice and had pleasure in advising us 6 months later that someone else had bought the business and the risks we identified became a reality.
- Our business valuations have been called upon in many cases to justify a transaction, assist in a partnership split or in family law property settlements.
- Review of struggling businesses to assist in identifying areas for improvement and successfully return them to profitability
- Forensic accounting services including a review of a business where we identified a lack of management tools which enabled a staff member to continually defraud their employer. The level of profitability has since increased as they focussed on issues as they arose and the employee ended up in jail after our investigation and appearance as a key witness in the court case.
- Assistance with reviewing, designing and implementing business systems to help businesses restructure and implement reporting to enable them to monitor and control the performance of their business and focus on the key drivers within their business
- Provision of outsourced management reporting and advisory services detailing business performance, KPI’s and reporting to the board/shareholders on a regular basis
Our senior team members have years of appropriate business experience and are lead by director, Greg Tuckwell who started the Division in 1991 after a background in insolvency with one of the big six accounting firms.